- Tilldate there are 4 Biosimilar approved in US.
- In 2015, USFDA approved first Biosimilar
- In year 2016, there are 3 new biosimilar approval
|US approval||Year of Approval||Biosilimar Brand||Company||Biomolecule||Reference Product||Company|
|2nd Biosimilar||2016||Inflectra||Celltrion||Infliximab||Remicade||Janssen Biotech|
HAVE ALL 4 BIOSIMILAR APPROVED IN US, APPROVED IN EU?
EU and USFDA have different look out for BIOSIMILAR or Similar Biologics approval process.
- Two of the four biosimilars approved in the U.S., Sandoz’s biosimilar of Amgen’s Enbrel and Amgen’s biosimilar of AbbVie’s Humira, were approved in the U.S. without any prior approval in Europe.
- Sandoz’s application for its biosimilar of Enbrel is pending before the EMA.
- Amgen’s application for its biosimilar of Humira is also pending in EMA.