- moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis, either as a standalone therapy or in combination with methotrexate (MTX);
- moderate to severe polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis in patients ages two and older;
- active psoriatic arthritis, including use in combination with MTX in psoriatic arthritis patients who do not respond adequately to MTX alone;
- active ankylosing spondylitis (an arthritis that affects the spine); and
- chronic moderate to severe plaque psoriasis in adult patients (18 years or older) who are candidates for systemic therapy or phototherapy
The FDA’s approval of Erelzi is based on review of evidence that included structural and functional characterization, animal study data, human pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamics data, clinical immunogenicity data and other clinical safety and effectiveness data that demonstrates Erelzi is biosimilar to Enbrel. Erelzi has been approved as a biosimilar, not as an interchangeable product.