Novozymes has earned 1st rank globally on top biotechnology employers in the world as ranked by American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).
The ranking is a result of a global survey conducted by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) through its affiliate Science magazine to determine which companies in the biotech and pharmaceutical industry have the best reputations as employers globally.
According to the comprehensive 2015 web-based survey of more than 5,700 respondents on 23 different attributes, Biocon has been recognized for three key attributes which are ‘Innovative leader in the industry,’ ‘Has loyal employees’ and ‘Is socially responsible’ and has been positioned at No. 13.
The top 20 employers for 2015 are
- Novozymes, (Bagsvaerd, Denmark)
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Tarrytown, NY, US),
- Novo Nordisk (Bagsvaerd, Denmark)
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA, US)
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (Cheshire, CT, US)
- Genentech (South San Francisco, CA, US)
- Moderna Therapeutics (Cambridge, MA, US),
- Roche—excluding Genentech (Basel, Switzerland),
- Monsanto Company (Creve Coeur, MO, US),
- AbbVie (North Chicago, IL, US),
- Eli Lilly and Company (Indianapolis, US),
- Celgene Corporation (Summit, NJ, US)
- Biocon (Bengaluru, India).
- Abbott (Abbott Park, IL, United States)
- Boehringer Ingelheim (Ingelheim, Germany)
- Bayer (Leverkusen, Germany)
- Merck KGaA (Darmstadt, Germany)
- Biogen (Cambridge, MA, United States)
- Gilead (Foster City, CA, United States)
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (New York, NY, United States).
Among the top 20 list there are 13 companies from US, 3 from Germany, 2 company from Denmark, and 1 from India and Switzerland.