Facts and figure of Regulatory Affairs industry job in India
- 450 odd pharma companies operating in India is having established regulatory affairs departments.
- More than 1000 company is having unstructured Regulatory Affairs working.
- Team size of RA department varies. Standard mid-size companies having headcount of 5-10 personnel. MNCs are having 20-30 team size.
- More than 3700 hard-core regulatory affairs professionals are working in regulatory affairs department in India.
- Fresher’s / Candidates joining fresh in DRA department – 12000-12,000 per month and CTC of 1.50 -1.80 Lac approximately.
- 1-2 years’ experience – 18,000-25,000 per month ctc upto 3-3.5 Lacs approximately
- 5 Years’ Experience – 45,000 per month ctc upto 6 lacs
- Senior Manager above 7-8 years’ experience – 10-20 lacs CTC
- Top Management – VP/ GM – 20 Lacs (and more)+Variable pay
* All figures in Indian Rupees only
Due to the entry of the MNCs and in new era of pharma MNCs market consolidation, the job opportunity of pharma regulatory affairs personnel is going to soar up and more than 30,000 competent regulatory workforce is required in India in next 5 years to match the demand of the regulatory affairs professionals.
1. Figures mentioned is approximate only for understanding purpose.
2. Salary packages for regulatory person varies from company to company and also based on the job responsibilities. 3. Salary packages mentioned in Indian Rupees only.