Core Learning Area
Pharma Strategic Management course provides training in drug discovery-to-commercialization, business development, brand management. The objective of the course is to provide extensive advanced training to middle-top management professionals in pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industry.
Course Code: KPE-C-008
ProgramTitle: KPE’s Advanced Diploma in Pharma Strategic Management [ADPSM]
Key Learning Area for the course
- Drug Development to Commercialization – R&D management and related strategic planning.
- Strategic Planning Process | Knowledge Area of Business Development | Lead targeting | Licensing term sheets Portfolio Management Process | Portfolio Characteristics | Portfolio Analysis | Balancing the Portfolio
- Objective – Strategy – Tactics | Portfolio constraints | SWOT | Numerical SWOT Profiling and Searching | Objectives | Search Database | Creating Opportunity Anatomy for deal analysis | Mind Mapping | Searching Tools and Techniques – Web Search | Conference | Confidentiality – CDA | MTA
- Life cycle extension / Loss of Exclusivity – LOE strategies.
- Pharma Marketing and branding Strategic Planning.
- Generic Drug Strategic Planning
- Strategic Pathways for marketing authorization of the pharmaceutical and – biopharmaceutical products in various business regions – US, EU, LATAM, Middle East, GCC, rest of the world.
- Exclusive training on Biopharmaceutical and biosimilar management.
- In depth training on Licensing in pharmaceutical industry – In Licensing Vs. Out licensing, Co-development, co-marketing, Co-promotion, Reverse Copromotion,
- Financial Planning and Management for pharma strategic management professionals
- Modelling and Deal Valuation – Top Down Model | Epidemiology data method | Complex Model | Forecasting | Heuristic or ‘prophesy’ method | Different value perspectives | Deal Structuring Structuring the deal
- Bechmarking | Benchmarking through consortim
- Royalty Management – Royalty structuring | Royalty Calculation Method| Tiered Royalties | Terms | Royalty Reductions | Royalty Stacking – Concept and Calculation | Minimum Annual Royalties | Reach through royalties
- Distribution Licensing | Geography | Indication Splitting | Exclusive and Non-Exclusive Licensing | Sub Licenses.
- Acquisition in Pharma | Product Acquisition| Company Acquisitions| Steps in acquisition | Financing acquisition deals | Trademark Assignment Process.
- Valuation Methods: DCF | rNPV | Sunk Cost Method | Comparables | Sum of Parts | Deterministic Vs. Probabilistic rNPV | Peak Sales – Max-Min Approach.
- EBITDA method of valuation | Enterprise Value and Enterprise Multiple Calculation
1. Orientation to job related practical strategic business management related activities from different discipline of Pharmaceuticals.
2. Simulation to real life Strategic Management.
3. Access to Industry Databank of case studies. Hence, this coursehelps the professionals to get the real life job simulation.
4. Access to Pharmaceutical Case Studies
5. Attend Live Lectures of all different chapters / study content.
Graduation in any discipline. Work experience in pharmaceutical sector will be preferred.