Core Learning Area
Course Code: KPE-C-008
Course Title: KPE’s Advance Diploma in Pharmaceutical Strategic Business Management [ADPSM]
Course Objective: The online certificate course in Pharmaceutical strategic management is conceptualized with objective to impart knowledge and understanding of the Pharmaceutical Strategic Business Management from the 360 degree from the different areas of Pharmaceutical businesses like drug discovery-to-commercialization, portfolio management, business development, brand management.
Key Learning Area for the course
- Drug Development to Commercialization – R&D management and related strategic planning.
- Strategic Planning Process | Knowledge Area of Business Development | Lead targeting | Licensing term sheets Portfolio Management Process | Portfolio Characteristics | Portfolio Analysis | Balancing the Portfolio
- Objective – Strategy – Tactics | Portfolio constraints | SWOT | Numerical SWOT Profiling and Searching | Objectives | Search Database | Creating Opportunity Anatomy for deal analysis | Mind Mapping | Searching Tools and Techniques – Web Search | Conference | Confidentiality – CDA | MTA
- Life cycle extension / Loss of Exclusivity – LOE strategies.
- Pharma Marketing and branding Strategic Planning.
- Generic Drug Strategic Planning
- Strategic Pathways for marketing authorization of the pharmaceutical and – biopharmaceutical products in various business regions – US, EU, LATAM, GCC, rest of the world.
- Exclusive training on Biopharmaceutical and biosimilar management.
- In depth training on Licensing in pharmaceutical industry – In Licensing Vs. Out licensing, Co-development, co-marketing, Co-promotion, Reverse Copromotion,
- Financial Planning and Management for pharma strategic management professionals
- Modelling and Deal Valuation – Top Down Model | Epidemiology data method | Complex Model | Forecasting | Heuristic or ‘prophesy’ method | Different value perspectives | Deal Structuring Structuring the deal
- Royalty Management – Royalty structuring | Royalty Calculation Method| Tiered Royalties | Terms | Royalty Reductions | Royalty Stacking – Concept and Calculation | Minimum Annual Royalties | Reach through royalties
- Distribution Licensing | Geography | Indication Splitting | Exclusive and Non-Exclusive Licensing | Sub Licenses.
- Acquisition in Pharma | Product Acquisition| Company Acquisitions| Steps in acquisition | Financing acquisition deals | Trademark Assignment Process.
- Valuation Methods: DCF | rNPV | Sunk Cost Method | Comparables | Sum of Parts | Deterministic Vs. Probabilistic rNPV | Peak Sales – Max-Min Approach.
- EBITDA method of valuation | Enterprise Value and Enterprise Multiple Calculation
1. Orientation to job related practical strategic business management related activities from different discipline of Pharmaceuticals.
2. Simulation to real life Strategic Management.
3. Access to Industry Databank – 300 Strategic Management examples etc.
4. Access to Pharmaceutical Case Studies
5. Attend Live Lectures of all different chapters / study content.
Minimum qualification Graduation in any discipline with more than 24 months of work experience in Pharmaceutical domain. Work Experience is mentioned is mandatory for admission into this course.